To be eligible for most federal and state programs, students must meet the following general requirements.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or National; U.S. Permanent Resident; Citizen of the Freely Associated States; and Other Eligible Noncitizens
- Have a valid Social Security Number.
- Register for Selective Service (if applicable).
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be enrolled at least half-time in a degree or certificate granting program.
- Have not had eligibility suspended or terminated due to a drug related conviction.
- Not be in default on a federal student loan.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.