Aspen Beauty Academy – Laurel’s mission is to provide quality education in a hands-on, supportive and motivating environment that prepares our graduates for licensure with the skills necessary to excel and prosper in the field of cosmetology.
The program provides 1500 clock hours of required instruction in English to prepare students for the Maryland State Board of Cosmetologists licensing examination. This includes MUD’s 84-hour Beauty Essentials makeup certification course.
The Academy is approved by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) and the Maryland Board of Cosmetologists and accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS).
During their training, students will cover the following topics in various levels of detail:
- Hair Theory and Hair Care
- Product Knowledge
- Shampooing and Scalp Care
- Hair Color
- Hair Design and Styling
- Long Hair: Braids & Updos
- Keratin Treatments
- Social Media for the Beauty Professional
- Hair Removal (Waxing and Tweezing)
- Manicure and Pedicure
- Artificial and UV Gel Nails
- Wigs and Hair Additions
- Healthy Body and Mind
- Client-Centered Design
- Maryland Laws and Regulations
- Business Structure and Management